Building on the
success of last year’s debut, a2Tech360 continues to expand with a dozen
affiliated events planned for 2019.
Destinations around the country are presenting city-wide events curated to feature their communities on a global stage. Possibly the largest and most well-known is South by Southwest (SXSW) in Austin, Texas. Another event with growing visibility is the Tom Tom Summit and Festival in Charlottesville, Virginia. Last year, Ann Arbor’s very own a2Tech360 joined the scene and is quickly building awareness, interest, and participation.
An Ann Arbor SPARK initiative, a2Tech360 dedicates itself to
promoting the ecosystem of the Ann Arbor area of innovation. A week of tech-related events, a2Tech360
creates connections between key community actors — innovators, researchers,
investors, businesses, academic institutions, non-profits, job seekers, and the
general public – that meaningfully generates discussions, ideas, and new
- Ann Arbor-based tech company DaySmart Software is holding its second Women in IT Leadership Conference, this time aligning it with the a2Tech360 week of events. DaySmart and Ann Arbor SPARK are partnering with FordLabs to host the event.
- Returning to Ann Arbor is the beloved Intermitten, a one-day conference about empowering entrepreneurial communities through inclusion, capital, and connection. Organized by a team of volunteers, this year’s event will take place at The Ark, a historic Ann Arbor music venue.
- In partnership with Ann Arbor Public Schools, the Neutral Zone will host Student Demo Day. This interactive exhibit will feature original products developed by area high school students who participated in the Michigan Invention Convention powered by the Henry Ford.
- What’s old is new again at the Ann Arbor SPARK East Innovation Center in Ypsilanti. To show off the updated space, we’re hosting a Design Jam & Open House. Brought to you with support from friends at DO:BETTER.
- Michigan Innovation Headquarters (MI-HQ) is celebrating emerging tech in the life sciences field at its premiere event Tech on the Edge: Electronics and Life Science Tech Expo. Get to know the tenants of this co-working community featuring wet and dry laboratory space in addition to traditional office amenities.
- The Women’s Exchange of Washtenaw is scheduling its annual WXW Summer Shebang to coincide with a2Tech360. There’s no agenda and no program — just fun, food, and networking.
- Ready to take on big challenges with innovative solutions, the inaugural HackA2 will challenge teams of local developers to solve a problem facing our community. Because there is strength in numbers, Ann Arbor SPARK is co-hosting the hackathon with Nexient, FordLabs, ITHAKA, and Tech-Inclusive.
Tried and True
- A2 Tech Trek — the event that inspired it all — celebrates its fifth year in 2019! To mark the occasion, Ann Arbor SPARK is rolling out a new official app to help attendees build custom schedules and maps. Job seekers especially will love the app’s integration with our job portal. Presented with support from DaySmart Software.
Under the bright lights at the historic Michigan Theater, Tech Talk returns with another great lineup of TED-style talks from leading innovators from the region. Presented with support from Wacker Chemical Corporation.
- Back by popular demand is Mobility Row. This outdoor exhibit features connected and autonomous vehicles, drones, technology, and other assets being developed by the region’s leading mobility companies.
- The great people from Bank of Ann Arbor will once again provide an amazing soundtrack for the day as Live @ Tech Trek returns to Mobility Row. Stay tuned for this year’s musical lineup announcement!
- Building on the success of last year’s event, the 2019 Ann Arbor Mobility Summit, the summit aims to grow the mobility ecosystem in the Ann Arbor region by fostering participation and encouraging collaboration among attendees.
- Tune in for a tech forecast during 2029: What the Future Holds. Global thought leaders discuss trends and revolutionary products in healthcare, IoT, AR/VR, mobility, and other driving industries with a foothold in the region. Presented with support from the University of Michigan Office of Tech Transfer.
- The annual FastTrack Awards recognize public and private companies headquartered in Washtenaw County for consistently high business growth. New for this year, we will also recognize the Entrepreneur Boot Camp and Tech Trek People’s Choice award winners. Presented with support from Northstar Bank.
Registration for all the events will mid-April! Sign up for the Ann Arbor SPARK event newsletter to stay in-the-know about a2Tech360.
The post a2Tech360 Captures Ann Arbor’s Spirit of Innovation and Community in Week-Long Program appeared first on Ann Arbor SPARK.