The Ann Arbor region is a vibrant and connected area, with lots of events happening that range from casual to academic. If you’re trying to get the word out about an upcoming event, consider sharing it on the Ann Arbor SPARK website. We’ve even created this quick start guide to posting your first event!
- Go to the Events page at AnnArborUSA.org and click POST AN EVENT.
- Complete the form with as much information as possible. While there are only two required fields, your event will have greater visibility if you can provide a short description detailing the benefits of attending.
- Select from the five categories — you may choose more than one! Here’s a quick description of each:
- Community: These events illustrate why the Ann Arbor region is a great place to live, work, and play.
- Entrepreneurs: From workshops to meetups, these events are geared specifically toward entrepreneurs and those considering launching an entrepreneurial venture.
- Job Seekers: Job fairs and resume building workshops are just some of the types of events that would suit this category.
- Social: Perfect for networking events designed to connect people in a casual environment.
- Training: Workshops, seminars, classes, and more designed to teach and inform your audience.
- Click SUBMIT YOUR EVENT and it will go into the queue for approval. Please allow 3-5 business days for the event to populate the calendar.
We’ll follow-up with you if we have any questions or concerns about the event. A few recommendations:
- Check your work! There’s no editing feature, so once you submit the event, it’s final.
- We publish events that align with SPARK’s mission — that means no community garage sales, dance recitals, or ice cream socials. A great alternative for those types of events is the Ann Arbor Observer event calendar.
- Be discerning with your categories since they populate the calendar filters. The best way to build attendance is to know your audience.
The post Quick Start Guide: Adding Your Event to the SPARK Calendar appeared first on Ann Arbor SPARK.