A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- Ann Arbor SPARK joined the American Center for Mobility for its Demo Day in conjunction with the Automotive Testing Expo 2019.
- Celebrate Invention Marks a Year of Startup Milestones at The University of Michigan.
- In Livingston, Ann Arbor SPARK and the Economic Development Council of Livingston County Awarded Workforce Grant.
- More parking is needed to support a growing downtown workforce. “While we are in the midst of massive transportation technology disruption and change, the full realization of these changes is still far away,” Paul Krutko, Ann Arbor SPARK president and CEO wrote. “This proposal acknowledges the increasing demand for parking downtown, while also recognizing the development of new technologies that can maximize the efficient use of existing spaces and prepare for a future with fewer parked vehicles.”
- Ann Arbor LLamasoft acquires Chicago’s Opex Analytics.
- 2020 Detroit auto show mobility challenge participants named including Saline-based Navya.
- Latest Planet M Mobility Report featuring a lot of Ann Arbor content.